Involve is at the vanguard of changing our democracy. Combining innovative, high-quality practice with making a clear case for a democracy fit for the 21st century, we are showing exactly what our democratic future holds.
As the Communications and Advocacy Officer you will be responsible for providing administrative support for Involve’s main advocacy and communications projects, and for ensuring our activities are clearly communicated to various external audiences. The most significant project you will support is the setting up and running of the UK Democracy Network. This is a relatively new initiative designed to strengthen the democracy sector through supporting collaboration between people passionate about democracy and build our collective power and influence.
Download the job description to read more about the role, its responsibilities, and the competencies we're looking for.
How to apply
Apply online via the link below. The closing date for applications is 9 a.m. on Monday 28th February 2022.
The online application form will ask you a series of questions:
- How you heard about this job
- Personal details
- Diversity monitoring (this section is optional)
- Application form:
- Please outline why you are interested in this role (max 300 words)
- Please outline your experience relevant to the essential competencies of this role. You will want to refer to the role summary and the competencies in the job description. Please note that we are interested in any experience that demonstrates your suitability for the role (e.g. it may be in a work or voluntary capacity) (max 500 words)
- Please outline any experience relevant to the desirable competencies of this role. You will want to refer to the role summary and the competencies in the job description. Please note that we are interested in any experience that demonstrates your suitability for the role (e.g. it may be in a work or voluntary capacity) (max 200 words)
- You'll be asked to upload a CV of no more than two sides of A4
If you are unable to complete your application via the online form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection process and key dates
Your application will be blind reviewed, to ensure fairness. Your personal details and diversity monitoring information will not be seen by the assessor. Your CV will only be considered if you score well on the blind review. References will only be taken up upon appointment. This post is only open to candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date: 9 a.m. on Monday 28th February 2022. Applications submitted after this date and time will not be considered.
Interviews will be held online, on Thursday 3rd March 2022.
Shortlisted candidates can expect to hear by 1st March 2022 if they are being invited to interview.